How To Use The Accruals Feature
The Accruals feature allows for continuous earning of leave over the year, ensuring a distribution of leaves for employees.
Accruals help organizations manage leave more efficiently and accurately.
For example, if employees get 14 days of paid time off a year, then they could accrue 1.167 days per month. This means that after 6 months, they would have 7 days of paid time off available.
You can customize how many days are accrued, and how often to suit your team's needs.
- You can set accrual frequency only once.
- Leaves are accrued starting from January 1st. If the starting accrual number is not suitable for a user, use the adjust feature to set a new starting number.
- By default, accruals will automatically enable leave roll over.
- If you do not want any days rolled over while using the accrual feature, limit the number of days to zero.
- This feature is currently in beta mode. User discretion is advised to ensure the accrued leave matches the employee's intended leave allowance. To monitor how many days are accrued for each user, go to User and click on a user --> Activity).
To access this setting, you need to be a manager, admin, or owner.
To use this feature, go to Settings and then click on "Teams" -
Next to your team, click the 3 dots followed by Leave Policy for the leaves you wish to accrue -
Then turn on the Accruals toggle. You'll be able to set the specific accrual policy you need for each leave policy -
Accrual options -
Here, you can set how often the leave accruals will take place. The options are -
-To ensure leave limit consistency, you can only set the accrual frequency once.
This allows you to decide when the accrual takes place. At the start or end of the chosen frequency.
If you have set your accrual frequency to monthly, you can set the accrual to happen at the beginning or end of the month.
-To ensure leave limit consistency, you can only set the "Accrual on" setting once.
After saving, your accruals will take a few moments to update.
You can set accrual frequency only once.
By default, accruals will automatically enable leave roll over.
If you do not want any days rolled over while using the accrual feature, limit the number of days to zero.
If you need to set an accrual for a single user, you can use the overrides feature.
Problems, or questions? Please feel free to contact our support here.